Monday 2 April 2012

ELF Products Review


Hi everyone. I completed a separate review on ELF cosmetics in general in a previous article and said that I would give my opinion on some of the products I bought from their website, www.eyeslipsface.co.uk. You don’t have to go and read the other review but it might help in getting an idea of what ELF cosmetics is all about, if you don’t already know. Right, I’m going to start off with the ELF makeup that I love and then move onto the products that have made their way into a very old makeup bag living at the back of my wardrobe.

Studio Radiance Enhancer in “spotlight”
I love this multi-use highlighter so much! I am a big fan of Benefit’s High Beam highlighter and this little one from ELF is almost as good and only £3.50! It gives a distinctive sparkle to my face and I love dabbing and blending it around my eyes; probably my favourite ELF product.

ELF Complexion Brush – studio range
No wait this is my favourite ELF product. I actually have two of these brushes now because I used my first one for blushers, bronzers and powders, as the website instructs you to, but one day I couldn’t find my regular foundation brush, so I experimented. I put spots of my foundation all over my face and with a light hand blended it all in using this ELF brush. Oh my goodness my foundation went on SO well and made my skin appear very even and smooth. I definitely recommend this brush for both sweeping and sculpting and as a foundation brush.
Eyeliner and Blending Eye Brush
Both brushes work really, really well, especially the eyeliner one which I use to stroke my lids with dark eye shadows. Only £1.50 each and great quality!

Studio Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter
I really like the concealer part of this duo because I think it definitely brightens up my dark circles! However I’m not a massive fan of the highlighter end as I don’t think it does that much. Will definitely buy it again for my tired under eyes though!

Waterproof Eyeliner Pen
Another one of my favourite products; it’s so easy to use and the brush just glides the black over my eyelid with one smooth stroke. Only £1.50 again!

Elf Shimmering Facial Whip
I got this product in both spotlight and lilac petal and I can’t really make my mind up about it. Yes it’s good that the whip is for your lips, eyes and cheeks and yes it does give me a certain shimmer, however it is so sticky and so hard to blend! I really wish it was a lot creamier and light; it would probably work a lot better if immediately blended in following your face being moisturized if your just looking for a glow, but if it’s to go on after your foundation, powders etc then it’s a bit trickier. It is only £1.50 though so I say give it a wee go and see what you think.
Studio Corrective Concealer
This palette of concealers works to an extent. I definitely think that the green cream helps decrease the redness of my spots etc and the blue tone seems to help with dark under eyes. Since it’s only £3.50 I would probably buy it again.  

Studio Complexion Perfection
Doesn’t work, simple as! I was so disappointed with this product and after doing a bit of digging on YouTube, found that a lot of other people were too. It is supposed to “create a balanced and radiant complexion that is beautiful and healthy”... it does nothing! You can’t even see it. I think I might just go and bin it.

Studio High Definition Powder
Same view on this product as the powder above... didn’t notice a thing; definitely a waste of £6.00!




No comments:

Post a Comment