Monday 2 April 2012

ELF Cosmetic Review


I discovered Elf (eyes, lips and face) beauty products whilst watching makeup tutorials on YouTube. The beauty “gurus” that I follow tend to usually use higher end brands such as MAC and NARS, so with the tight budget that I’m on at the minute I didn’t even think to research how much these ELF products cost, which were being used in their tutorials, assuming it would be in the same price range as NARS etc. However, and thankfully, one day I was determined to do anything except my Uni work (setting a good example to all you students reading this) so I decided to explore ELF’s website and couldn’t believe what I found. The website offers tonnes of makeup, mostly costing £1.50 per product, even for brushes that girls I follow on YouTube claim are as good as MAC’s really pricey ones! Well because of the little shopaholic that I am, budget or no budget, I got extremely OVER excited and ended up ordering over one hundred pounds worth of makeup. Justifiable considering how long my invoice was, as I was able to buy so much for my money (denial is wonderful thing). ELF offer a regular range of beauty products as well as a studio and mineral line, but even they cost so little compared to what you would pay in most chemists etc. My big box of goodies arrived a few days later and even though there were some products that had me thinking “no wonder it only cost £1.50”, the majority of the makeup was very good for what I paid. (Look out for my separate review on some of the actual products I bought and tested and hopefully it will guide you a little bit if you’re thinking of trying ELF out). I do have one big complaint about the ELF website and that is because many of the shades in certain products that I really wanted were out of stock and stated as “coming soon”, as well as some products not having any shade options available at all! Putting it aside, overall I definitely recommend checking out their website, www.eyeslipsface.co.uk because it’s so cheap, great for a budget and there are plenty of hidden treasures to be found, without having to pay the price tag attached to the likes of MAC. Have fun ladies!

Kirstine x

No comments:

Post a Comment